Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The Wrath

The Wrath
(.... Against the exploitation of Women)
I am a woman readily victimized;
Being exploited and made easy prey,
Sometimes in womb cut,slit 'n'sliced;
I'm appalled at human shades so grey.
I am a woman who is easily battered;
I'm illiterate 'n' burnt alive for dowry,
I'm abused,gang raped,'n'shattered;
My life is in the doldrums and awry;
I give life with blood and sweat;
And sustain it with ample care,
What do I often and always get?
Disgrace ,shame is my only share.
Society is facetious and big hoax;
It washes n sheds crocodile tears,
It will always force me and coax;
In age of Women's Liberation ..I fear.
By,
Ashok Malli .

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...