Wednesday, March 9, 2022

THE DANCE, HYPNOTIC

THE DANCE, HYPNOTIC
you stare ...
wink, and walk over to me
leaving your circle of admirers in
disbelief
sullied manner, (and skin), of a
Magdaline
prospect, differently indifferent
(a vestal view of Heaven)
faultless form, lulling the room
with your sway
smile dressed in coral bows,
blossomed
I say hello ... (hello back)
then stumble like a boy over the
shape of your words
locution, sound, meaning - adrift
lost to the roiling sweep of new
portent and sensation
pounding heart thrums my bones
coursing fevered arteries …
thoughts, a dervish of combustible
ideas
bewitched - transfixed and hungry
and no focus but those bows -
the dewy fruits that frame your lilt
smile, dancing hypnotically
curling, closing, pouting, pursing …
toying with each other, (and with
my core)
o'er a glistening white chiclet expanse
speaking to me more of temptation
and taste
than whatever words may be forming
(or whatever sound may be tangled
in the air between us)
intonations I can NOT hear
for sake of what has become my
sole pursuit
a crave, singular -
my adventure, sublime ...
your kiss.
Copyright © Gregory R Barden, February 28, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...