Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Death, Be Proud

Death, be proud
Through cursed-like lips
Melancholy reigns as
Butterflies fly away
My flesh is of a church
Where only the lonely pray
You look like the moon
As you say goodbye
Welcoming home
The cycle of the living
And the dying
In love's resting place
All the friends we've left behind
I shiver in solitude like
A granite tomb
Singing songs in lament
My memories are of you
In sorrow, a broken
And cracked bell
The dark sorcerer weaves a spell
In my blind bed
Infernal, eternal eyes
Never sleep, never dry
A Phoenix rises extinguishing
Itself by fire
Enchanted, enthroned by the Nile
We let you go to the dance of the stars
And the planets
We let you go into the wind's breath
And the hands of the star maker
Am I a lover, a sinner brooding on
The world?
The blind-hearted phantom
Terrified of pain
To pleasure flees
In the mouths of the four oceans
I seek the beyond in the heart of life
The Sphinx unfurls her wings
Eternal and free
I drink from the silent river
And wear the mark of a Queen
You wrap your arms around me
And whisper to me of myself
I can still see you sleeping
Like thunder when it rains
As death comes to meet me
It will lie in your eyes
Where our hearts will once
More sing free of desolation
Copyright 2022 Alexis Child. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...