Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Stay a Moment

 Seeking after Angels has made

me jealous of those who read more

than I have, have thought and said 

what I could not find, have written 

what I wished I had, have an imagination

lit by that earthly and unearthly light

that is not afraid of the dark.  Who have

risked the act of teaching while I, 

like a monk removed, pray for what

I do not know and answered in ways

likewise.  The jealousy is intense,

the transformation of time and space 

into bread and wine, the hunger that drives

me to fast to be fed by manna from the sky, 

to have my thirst quenched by water from rocks.

The pursuit of Angels has maddened me

and yet I say, “Bless me before you go.”


-Byron Hoot

hootnhowlpoetry.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...