Thursday, February 24, 2022

The Devil's Tongue

Our voices were the ocean's

Roar until we could cry no more

The fires purified and consumed

In the East, rose the Wolf Moon


We were like the raging seas

That could not be

Living in between worlds

On this side of heaven and hell


I fell to the beasts

My heads were seven

I shook myself from the dust 

To arise strange who I was


I fell in love with Lilith

Drawing the veils of night

Around the tired eyes of day


I whispered God's secret name

Then I flew away

Unto to all despised


Our hearts were monsters

Most considered me a demon

I carried the blame and shed the blood


As a wild witch whose angry 

Tears were gone somewhere in the

Clouds above

We knew the worst too young 


Beyond the shameful screams 

Of trauma

The macabre songs were sung

In the devil's tongue


It's not your soul he seeks

Please don't be afraid of me

In the darkness of dreams

And waking screams


Beautiful affliction

Let me see your face

Unmirrored by the river Styx

And Lethe


Let us lay the lone ghosts to rest

Around the grief of the shadowy years

I wave the mirror away

Without any fears


Someday, the night will

Be ours alone again

Where the moon and stars 

Have not fled


Copyright 2022- Alexis Child


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...