Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Do Not, My Love, Surrender Again To The Sultry Night

Do not, my love, surrender again to the sultry night
Of glaring music, blaring light
Filled with ennui, boredom, bitchiness and spite
Waiting hoping to pique the interest and entice
The bloated superannuated barang who ooze slug like
Along broken pavements of 51 Street
Sweaty shining under the blanketing Phnom Penh heat
Encased in cocooned layers of Western meat
Who eye each bored or hopefull girl
With slitted vulpine appraising eyes
To assess whether they proffer promises of carnal delight
Do not, my love, surrender again to the sultry night
That echoes with the sounds of forced trills of gaiety
Erupting from the fixed and painted mouths
That scarcely hide the avarice, need and guile
Of the taxi girls who flock to Sorya Mall
That cavern of misery and downfall
In an unending quest for money food and bed
For sometimes just a place to lay her weary head
Or hopefully a little extra to support the vice
That helps each girl fill the hours of the endless and unchanging nights
The video games, cards and
Of course smoking ice
Do not, my love, surrender again to the sultry night

-Michale Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...