Thursday, February 24, 2022

Dead Ink

I'm pleased as a murderer

Who has dealt his

Blows successfully

Staining the crimson ground.

Although a part of me dies,

When death comes to close

His eyes.

As I walk in the gloomiest

Part of town-

Black as the grave

I wear the garb of the dead

For I have never really lived.

Was I being led by the devil?

Did he steal my soul?

Drag me down further

Into this black hole?

I had fallen into his trap

His silver tongue spit silver bullets

Leaving me with scars

I'd never show.

A cold place to be

As I slip into the waves

Of the silent sea.

Walking for what seemed like

An eternity

Sweating under the setting sun

Madness jabs at my brain.

Staring into the enchanted eyes

Of The Green Fairy,

It’s absinthe time,

Temptations of the soul,

My spirits revived.


I write a letter to the dead.

I write with a maddening hunger,

I write myself into nervous breakdowns.

Where the stars will not align,

And sadness is the sun.

Feel the shadows move across my skin,

Intoxicating, irreplaceable,

Magical,

You are all the above,

Guilty of sin and dust.

You wear a hellish guise,

Staring at me with open mouth,

Widened eyes,

You are the fight in my soul,

This life of crime,

The fight in my soul until the end

Of time,

This bittersweet pain is enough

To call your name and run for cover,

Demoniacal lover.

You are the hole down below,

You and I will make more dust.

Love me, love me

Put it in the ground,

Where the flowers grow,

In the silent hourglass of

The blackest hells that guide

Us now

Seraphic Lucifer was created

For sabotage for many an hour,

At Midnight, I greet the devil

When I’m out for a stroll

He’s out there collecting souls.

Walk with me, Cerberus

From Hades to the Hounds of Hell

Fear...

Is all to itself


Copyright 2022-Alexis Child

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...