Sunday, December 12, 2021

What’s Before Me

The light snow stayed the light snow

fallen yesterday.  Night added nothing.

Dreams, of course, but nothing I can

put my eyes on like more snow.

I have become more of an eye and ear

kind of a guy; I need to see and hear,

feel and touch before I know what’s 

before me.  I shy away from the abstract,

the intellect that scorns the heart,

language that mocks the soul, exploits

the flesh, enhances our fears.  I can see

the snow and rain, get my eyes and ears

on beauty, the peace that passes understanding,

that love that needs no explanation.


-Byron Hoot

hootnhowlpoetry.com.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...