Saturday, December 11, 2021

The Architect

So many days,
Sleepless nights,
I sat and wondered,
What is wrong with my life?
Why,
Oh why,
Does it get so frustrating,
Why,
Oh why,
Do things so seldom go right,
So I sat there looking at every thing I had done,
What,
Oh what kind of man had I become?
What, oh what changes had to be done?
For too long I had let others guide me,
Mold me shape me
Try and define me,
I had relied on others too much,
With myself I had lost touch..
This, in turn,
Had left my foundations weak..
This in turn,
Had me craving drugs,
Craving drink..
Then one day,
I woke up,
And said to myself,
We have to build our life our way,
With a foundation,
That no criticism of others could decay,
Well, I became my own architect that day,
With a strength and belief in my self no one,
And I mean no one could take away,
Yes it was time to rebuild my life,
Time to live it my way..
For what I, or you, in this life,
Is up to you, or me,
Take control,
And be the architect of your own destiny..
(C) Patrick Daniel Read 11/21/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...