Saturday, December 11, 2021

Soul Lender

Soul Lender
Come hither let me bind thy heart
Allow me space to enter
I’d wager almost any part
Of all those finer mentions
I’ll rouse the ruse, tighten the noose
Around your lavish craving
And if so wish I’ll serve the dish
All rules were born for bending
Let’s not be quaint and telly forth
God speed my daring slander
I have a gift to share with thee
A tale of the soul lender
From vision starred by ill repute
a ghost of silent tender
emerges from the silky mist
to shed the awkward canter
Arise my memories of late
give life to me once more
for pity take upon this fool
still searching for the exit door
beware of moments hear them squeak
down the old memory lane
for many man has lost their cheek
when dealt a hand by come what may
Be silent now lower thy brow
Humble your proud stride
He keeps a wolf outside thy door
To keep his guests in crosshairs sight.
Vladimir Edward Bass ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...