Sunday, May 9, 2021

THE DIG

I unearth your very small & such delicate head,
Now releasing you, from your deep earthen bed,
I peer into gone eyes, of worm devoured sockets,
Seeking past answers, from sightless vacant pockets.
Are you really she, who once walked upon this earth?
She who loved, laughed & long ago, once gave birth,
She who once smiled & with your flesh well rounded,
She who was once so vital & with life, so abounded.
I touch your delicate & now nameless small bones,
With a blessing & a prayer, I return you back home,
Beneath soil´s clay loam, within cemetery’s dark hole,
All your being interred, except your perfect small soul.
POETRY BY - SUE LOBO ©: /|\

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...