Friday, May 21, 2021

Before I Can’t

The present has reduced its activities

I am to take care of; curious the sliding

scale of responsibility.  Somewhat self-

imposed – divorced, retired, live in the

sticks – somewhat naturally imposed 

by desiring less, by knowing time is

no commodity, that interest and ability

are to be honed to that edge where they

become the Sword of Solomon cutting

truth from lie without a single blow.

The exploration more intense, less 

outward conquering, more inner 

revelation being seen as the thing itself,

caught in an afterglow.

Not all my age are like this; -- no judgment,

I do not proclaim it is the way for all

only as an autobiographical fact 

do I praise what I have come to know 

because it’s mine to know – so glad 

I’ve learned this before I can’t.

-Byron Hoot

http://www.hootnhowlpoetry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lauds

It is Sunday and I feel the futility of prayer in the air and the urge to pray as if each holds a danger.  I think of the infant Hercules st...