Friday, December 30, 2022

Reminiscing

Reminiscing
reminiscing it makes me sad but also happy
I remember when I was young and now I'm old
I see my children they are not little children any more
how I wish we didn't age or at least we did not die.
I reminisce of TV shows and the actors that are now gone
I think about the lives we lived and it makes me cry
knowing that some of my friends are dead and not alive
it feels like only yesterday i kissed my first girl
but I know it's just a memory but how I remember it well
why do we grow old and why do we get sick and why do we die
I know the Creator created everything to be the way it has been
but still I ask myself why oh why.
Reminiscing makes me cry but it also makes me happy
but how I wish it could be different
O, how I wish we would not die.

by Carlos Gomez/Water 11-28-22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lauds

It is Sunday and I feel the futility of prayer in the air and the urge to pray as if each holds a danger.  I think of the infant Hercules st...