Friday, December 30, 2022

I'M A WARRIOR, A VIKING

I've encountered many battles, I'm currently at war
Giving up is something that I simply don't stand for
I'm a warrior, a viking, it's in my DNA
I've been PTSD and Depression free for the past two hundred days
Just because my mind is free does not mean the hard work stops
I'll still lead my life with positivity, my high standards will not drop
I must be ready for anything, i must be prepared
When my illness posed a threat, war was what I declared
I'm battle hardened, i was built for this
My inner strength helped drag me straight from the abyss
During my moment of crisis, I never had much time
I had to start moving, my instincts told me to climb
I'm grateful for the struggle, it helped me to transform
The way I fought back and went on the attack was just like an art form
What didn't kill me made me stronger, my mindset had been changed
The thoughts inside my mind had been restructured and rearranged
I liked this new way of thinking, I felt so Incredibly strong
My illness told me I was a failure, I was determined to prove it wrong
Every day I was so positive, I took the power away from my depression
I had the perfect answer each time I was asked a question
My illness begs me to stop, each day I twist the knife
It is now my prisoner, it no longer has a life
I have built momentum, so much progress has been made
Hard work and dedication are the two things that I've displayed
My journey has been difficult, it's been quite the test
It's taught me to keep working hard and to always try my best
I've overcome adversity, I've conquered my fears
I'm now solely focused on helping each one of my peers

-Liam Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lauds

It is Sunday and I feel the futility of prayer in the air and the urge to pray as if each holds a danger.  I think of the infant Hercules st...