Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The Ghost of You

Both the weeping angels
And the weeping ghosts
Sang me a lullaby of sorrow
With rattling chains and wails
I found no comfort in their haunting
When faced with no tomorrows
Swathed in darkness and pain
Where phantoms glide in the abyss
Something much more sinister crept
With every morbid scream of fear
Where Beelzebub gloats on all misfortune
In the black light that keeps you
Awake at night
Between worlds, this trembling spirit
Was at war
Storm clouds announced an arrival
The path of my soul's demise
Haunted by someone still alive
Forgive or perish
Awakening to terror
In this horrifying house with no door
The house that stood empty
The house that depicted the end
You hear the faint creak of the floorboards
As out from the shadows I creep
I breathe your ghost into these lifeless lips
That lead to where angry bones shall rest
In the unforgiving arms of eternity
And the ghosts are only as dead
As the ghosts within your head
Depart Seraphim and all of Satan’s men
I should have loved a dead man instead
Copyright 2022 Alexis Child. All rights reserved until the bones decompose...

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...