Saturday, March 19, 2022

That RSVP

I do not need to know the temperature

to know Spring has presented its RSVP

and the sun has said, “This way, please.” 

When the evidence is overwhelming no

argument is needed.  That’s why love 

is the persuasion of presences, the details 

of time and circumstance so fitted together                         

no single piece is out of place or more

important than another.  No other season 

has such transformative grace and confidence,

the ease of knowing that what is occurring 

is how it is to be.  Of course, I look for that 

alignment of realities in me, to hear 

the sun whisper, “This way, please.”


-Byron Hoot

https://hootnhowlpoetry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...