Wednesday, March 9, 2022

SWAY OF THE SUMMER MOON

The summer moon was swollen, blue
one flaw that girl knew thru-and-thru
and taking that light's charm in hand
she made our bed the dunes of sand
with but one gaze her sparkling eyes
the loves I'd known met their demise
my heart, her gold doubloon to toss
atoned on moonbeam's pearly cross
though drifting on that sea of dunes
our rafts tossed with romantic runes
fierce conflagration seared our cores
one bonfire, crooned by ocean roars
from first we touched in moonlit skin
our urges merged with summer's sin
a carefree dance of limbs and laughs
without the shame for better halves
"oh, murder me" I sighed in passion
"destroy me sweet, in fleshly fashion"
for all I'd valued, pride and purpose
gone - through letting sins usurp us
the place that wickedness thus stirs
my mouth and marrow met with hers
the swirling seas of "us" grew wider
frayed, I strayed so deep inside her
warm and wild and wondrous, down
to depths where lovers gladly drown
her sinews' flood was mine to taste
that dermal landscape laid to waste
our battle waged with bloodless bliss
a windswept war wrought from a kiss
no quarter giv'n that moonlight's ire
we vanquished each last drunk desire
with senses spent and cravings calm
we soothed in Neptune's briny balm
the mad old moon a-dancing bright
our cool swim, daubed in tender light
oh, such tender light ...
it all seems now a sweetened dream
two lives ago and years downstream
yet, what we found there on the sand
far more than dreams ...
… and thrice as grand.
Copyright © Gregory Richard Barden, July 10, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...