Thursday, July 8, 2021

Pick-up

I wish I had something like a garbage 

truck route for my life where week 

by week I bag the garbage, put it in

a garbage can, walk it the end of a 

driveway and see the truck take it

away.  All the trash taken from my

life.  I wouldn’t mind if I missed a 

week or two knowing the truck is

coming around and what I’ve thrown 

away can be taken away, put in 

some landfill of eternity.   I’d pay a 

lot for a service like that to take away

the trash of my life. Today is Tuesday,

the lid is open, the bags gone,

the process begins again.  

I wait for that other garbage

truck arriving – even once every two

weeks would be just fine – just let 

me know who to write the check to.

-Byron Hoot

http://hootnhowlpoetry.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lauds

It is Sunday and I feel the futility of prayer in the air and the urge to pray as if each holds a danger.  I think of the infant Hercules st...