Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Apodictic

How calming the fading songs 

of birds at mid-morning merging

 into the edges of silence lingering,

waiting for the songs to end.

 

So all beginnings wait for the ending 

of what has invited them to arrive,

 the certainty of the constancy of change,

the sky above, the ground below, the middle

 

like some center point where the fulcrum           

leverages silently what has been into what

is to be.  I often wait for that moment when

song goes into silence, silence into song.

 

I don’t know when it happens but words 

and rhythms come as if they’ve

been waiting for just the right moment,

whispering, “We’ve been here all along.”


-Byron Hoot

http://hootnhowl.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...