Friday, March 19, 2021

I Was So Deeply In Love

I was so deeply in love,
Till I read between the lines.
I used to think the definition of perfect was who we were two birds of a feather flocking high above,
Till I connected the dots of every little bit of what you wanted and our heart shaped connection turned into parallel lines.
If misconceptions of beautiful truly resembled beauty only of breaking your heart will I be guilty.
I felt the heartbeats passionately till you said you needed time to find yourself,
I used to adore the smiles that held our hearts together,
Til I realised the self you needed to find was my replacement and so I withdrew my heart and placed it on a shelf,
I used to think we were perfect in every way but I guess perfection is only for a moment and not forever.
we were like stars and a moon but I guess even the moon has to shine along sometimes.
- Emmanuel Rayan Daka

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...