Saturday, January 6, 2024

from standard things

t's steeped in American tradition
this is where it starts.
Her name is Olga or Helga
waiting a table
it's 3 in the morning
she's shining a table
she's moving my dishes
(her American dream).
I'm divorcing myself from standard things.
It's a trickle over to the realm of dreams
I don't know what is
real or fake or in-between;
I only know
we're dancing.
The motions of raising these cups to my lips
and forks to my mouth is
becoming a crisis of robotic
and overly-conscious proportions.
I'd sooner just sit still and starve
for posterity
and integrity of a thinning spirit
that used to be called
personality.
There's no sign of people here.
Just
inorganic flashing lights
imitating movement.
But, oh, I love the Christmas tree
that diamond
in the desert-sea of standard personality.
How long can
tradition
comfort me, before i am corroded?
She ha-ha-has and he-he-hes,
likes Mozart but she lies about it
and only admits to what seems to be
usual.
Typical robotic commonalities.
I'm claiming to rebel against these things.
But I'm a liar.
a liar.
a liar.
My existence
in participation
is perpetuating condonation.
I am steeped in standard things.
-clw
11-29-06

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...