Thursday, June 1, 2023

I SIMPLY CANNOT LOSE

I possess determination
Throwing in the towel does not enter the conversation
I have a dream and that dream is to stay well
I'm ready for battle, I'm outside the gates of Hell
I block with my shield, I decide to swing my sword
To choose to give up now is something I cannot afford
I have picked myself up everytime I've hit the floor
I won my life back on the same day i declared war
I cannot be touched, my mind has been unlocked
My illness has been overcome, it's in a state of shock
I simply cannot lose, i either win or learn
The thing that I've discovered about success, it must be earned
Second place is as good as last, it's all about being first
I have a strong will to win combined with an insatiable thirst
I have encountered rock bottom, I have also experienced highs
I will always fight back, no matter how big my opponent is in size
Never give up, carpe diem, I simply will not quit
I believe I have earned the title of being someone who is mentally fit
Adversity is ruthless, it will crush you if you let it
When an opportunity arises you must go out there and get it
I do not see the point of giving up when things get tough
It's crucial you don't throw in the towel, tell yourself you have enough
I don't take things for granted, I appreciate all that is good
Fighting back, thriving and also surviving are a few things that I've understood

-Liam Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...