Friday, June 9, 2023

Dancing Bear

I feel like a bear waking

to no breeze, hearing 

birds, looking to the sky

with sleep-and-dream filled

eyes and the hesitation 

of any movement but that slow,

deliberate bear dance where 

the bear towers over everything 

except its shadow and the pads

of the paws feel that earthen

drumbeat and the heart picks 

up that rhythm that makes me 

grin that dangerous bear grin

as I close my eyes, sway, shuffle,

the smell of wild blackberries

not too far away as the song I 

sing in that low growl 

enters the air like a prayer 

I don’t care that's ever answered. 


-Byron Hoot


hootism: the richness of the mind has a hard time standing in the presence of the imagination divine.

 hootnhowlpoetry.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...