Thursday, May 26, 2022

THE PROBLEM WITH BEING A POET

The problem as I've come to believe
Poets wear their feelings out on their sleeve
But if I had to tell you about the last couple of days
I've been walking about in an absolute rage
Really ANNOYED because nothing gets done
I keep watching good people mowed down with a gun
They say now's not the time they'll send thoughts and prayers
Enough of your B S you don't even care
Their addicted to the money the lobbyist has sent
They sing the lobbyist song and never relent
Politician , Politician you have blood on your hands
Better listen to the victims cries and demands
You better do something what ever you do
Cause the next mob that comes storming may be coming for you
The poet can take you to places you'd rather not look
Before he is finished and closes his book

-Robert Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lauds

It is Sunday and I feel the futility of prayer in the air and the urge to pray as if each holds a danger.  I think of the infant Hercules st...