Thursday, May 26, 2022

MY LIFE

MY LIFE
My life is but a million miles
Of deserts etched with grief
Scarred by sighs
Illumined by the scorching sun
Distant and indifferent stars
Etching in the arid ground
Mendacity and lies
Scoured by times mocking gales
With no shelter, succour or relief
Desire's scorching sands
Blister and char the feet
Of this remorseful reprobate
A purblind foolish pilgrim
Staggering besotted, beset and bestial
Through existences's daily monotony
With endless inconsequential rituals
Struggling against hunger, sloth, insomnia,
A sour stomach or an achy tooth
Regret, ennui,and grief
Until I am rendered
To my essence
Stinking offal, carrion meat
Marching to lust's monotonous
Discordant threnody and beat
A lonely ghost I utter and wail
Tattered truths no one will hear
Screeds only I will see
On paper scraps on which I scribble
For no purpose to no avail
Wrestling with futility
Trying to encapsulate and capture
All my struggles, sorrow, and travail
Until I am erased, effaced and lost
Neither remembered nor forgotten
In the oblivion of eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lauds

It is Sunday and I feel the futility of prayer in the air and the urge to pray as if each holds a danger.  I think of the infant Hercules st...