Tuesday, November 2, 2021

The Treaty

I have made a treaty

with silence,

terms to be 

drawn up,

mitigated by stillness.

The only thing for sure:

no signatures necessary.

The real needs nothing

signed, the understanding 

a sufficient bond as good

as, maybe better than,

any name inked: the naming

of things always inherently

somewhat incorrect.  Haven’t 

you noticed your name called

and the hesitation on the verge

of inability to answer?

Besides, what is there 

to remember or forget

in silence and stillness?

The other reason I like 

this contract:  it can’t 

be misplaced, it’s with

me always, conditions met.


-Byron Hoot

hootnhowlpoetry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lauds

It is Sunday and I feel the futility of prayer in the air and the urge to pray as if each holds a danger.  I think of the infant Hercules st...