Friday, October 1, 2021

Dark Shadows

In the bloodthirsty heart
Of the night
We hear its screams
The vampire bats
Fly at dreams
Bleeding out into death
Until angels fall apart
In punishing light
Prayers of silence
Clamor in the night
In his tear-soaked name
Here, but now gone for eternity
Eyes open wide to cathedrals
As bewildered hollow bells
In the bitter ashes of Hades
I gave my life away
This crucified heaven
Maims and shames
You write my forgotten name
Like a cold black dream
Casting a spell over me
I walk with the undead
And I have never been
Loved this way before
© 2021 Alexis Child. All Rites Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...