Friday, October 1, 2021

Adrift in a Dream


Sometimes when I dream
I go back to you and me
And how things used to be
But now I'm like a ship lost at sea
Adrift in a Dream
I remember all the smiles we shared 
And yes we still do 
But I'm just not the same without you
I include you in my prayers
Guess I've grown used to the fact I'll always love you
Adrift in a dream
I float along
Drifting with the tide
Dreaming of when you were by my side
But I know my actions caused our divide
As for now
I am Adrift in a Dream
Hoping somehow you will come back to me
Not wanting to ever let you go
guess I'd rather be alone than find someone new
As in my dreams
I'm on my way to safety
To be there with you
And I still pray this dream comes true.
Until then I'm Adrift in a Dream 
Always thinking of you.

-Patrick Daniel Read

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...