Thursday, July 8, 2021

Signature of Trust

Signature of Trust
I sink in water cold
Feeling the pain quickening in my mouth
Lonely in a wilderness where trees are silent
Thankful they do not speak
I tried to find you in my mind's eye
The image only vanishing like a dream
I can no longer remember
Where are you?
Who will call to the sky above me
And keep me afloat
On this river of solitude?
Come with me, to a far-away island
Adrift among imagination's inlets
A sanctuary where we can be truly together
We will float there face down
And you can release all your lies
Feel their dead weight drop
Your loss of love rediscovering itself
On the shore, you will tell me
What I have come here to know
What I have always known:
Create a new language
A new tongue that knows truth
A signature of trust
To make a clean incision into our hearts
© 2021 Alexis Child. All rites reserved until the worms crawl in…

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...