Friday, March 19, 2021

Unknown the Destination Until Arrival

The urge to travel is not so strong

as the urge to travel back, take roads

already travelled where directions are

given in the question,  “Remember this?”

and some destination beyond the four

cardinal points comes into view.  I am

travelling more along those roads that

have brought me to where I am.

If I wasn’t such a fool trying to separate

what can’t be divided, I’d see the roads

I travel are the roads taking me

to no other place I can be.


What Catches Us

Often we forget

the destination

we have arrived 

at remembering

what stopped

us along  the way. 


-Byron Hoot

http://hootnhowlpoetry.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

To Life

I have now lived nearly seven years alone except for two covid years my youngest son lived with me in that milk and honey time of near solit...