Friday, March 26, 2021

BARDS

From the trouble of the world I turn to Bards,
Away from broken dreams of shattered shards,
Those scribes whom cosset my weary old soul,
It´s to them I go, to make me once again whole.
I seek rhymed succour, in their soft imbibed words,
I sip from their chalices & fly high with their birds,
I lay prone sweating, on their beds of vowed love,
When I am broken, with verse, they lift me above.
When battered & tattered, by broken promise & rain,
When stamped on & slapped, with words of cruel pain,
And when my life is unbearable & so intolerably hard,
I turn in my yearning, to my only friend, true & loyal Bard.
POETRY BY - SUE LOBO ©:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lauds

It is Sunday and I feel the futility of prayer in the air and the urge to pray as if each holds a danger.  I think of the infant Hercules st...